Friday, August 21, 2015

Monitor problem resolved!

Biggest news from tonight imho is that I finally got my monitor problem figured out. It was a cheap and crappy VGA cable I was using that was causing all the headaches. Plugged in another I had and immediately all the problems - color bleeding, ghosting, improper resolution/refresh - went away immediately, like magic! Man what a relief!

However in the process of changing I bent and half-broke a pin of my crappy cable (which is perfectly sufficient for my aged projector and works perfectly at low resolutions)...haven't tested it to see if the half-remaining pin is going to cut the mustard or if I have to spend another $3 on another cheap, shitty cable.

The other cool and improtant thing I started tonight was the Microsoft Learning Center course. Tonight's course was an hour just introducing and commenting on Server 2012R2 and setting the agenda for a multi-day virtual course.
There were very few surprsies as it's been years since 2012R2 was brand-new, soeverything I was at least familiar with, but the commentary about the improtance of features was pretty eye-opening.

Microsoft's definitely focused on making the value proposition around easy migration between datacetners and clouds, and they want to be able to DRM your use of their tools - even when Azure isn't in the IO pathm, for example, Azure is still responsible for controlling the process itself.

Goodness it's late and I"mt ired. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment